If we have learned anything this year..it’s that social media is at a constant turnover. So whats the secret to a lasting social media strategy? Inc.com looks beyond the bells and whistles and focuses on the marco trends driving the industry. Here are some big movements to look out for.
- Promoted posts are a must. Long gone are the days of solely relying on building an audience based on likes and sharing updates. Algorithms are increasingly limiting the amount of users that see your posts, making promoted posts a very smart investment.
- Employee advocacy. Want to make an impact without spending a dime? Encourage your team members to share brand messages on their own social media accounts. It’s poised to be a game changer in 2017!
- Social media knowledge is not as apparent as one would expect as training for frontline employee has been largely ignored. Luckily, social media coursework is predicted to be incorporated into university programs for a wide range of degrees.
- 2016 marked a change of the tides in CEOs getting the hang of social media. It is no longer an option but a business necessity and expect to see more executives take the social plunge in 2017.
- “Conversational commerce” gets more social with the use of chatbots. 2017 will bring a constant reminder to businesses that social media isn’t going anywhere, and it is one of the most reliable places to reach consumers.
Read more: http://sclhs.in/KQ72xm